Electrical Fires Are No Joke
We here at SERVPRO encounter many different fire damage emergencies, from gas stoves improperly turned off, to faulty heaters. Arguably, electrical fires can be the most sinister. They are mostly preventable if you take the proper precautions, like not overloading any one outlet or not running cords underneath carpets. Sometimes though, they just short out, like at this job we finished recently.
When the wall outlet on the second level bedroom of this townhouse blew, it started a fire that consumed the whole floor. The walls, ceiling, and floor of each room suffered massive damage and were beyond repair. Our mitigation team was forced to completely gut the entire area, stripping away everything to just floorboards and studs.
The only precaution that may have avoided this disaster is making sure that every ten years, a licensed electrician checks the home’s entire electrical system. Aside from that, you can always count on our mitigation team to clear out the damage, and our construction team to then rebuild it.